Are you a Caring and Compassionate individual looking to provide supports for someone in in a nontraditional setting?
Are you interested in sharing your life and home with an Individual with an intellectual or physical disability?
WCI’S mission is to empower and support Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to achieve rich and meaningful lives at home, at work and in their communities.
We are currently seeking a Shared Living Provider/s in the Belmont, Newton, Waltham and Watertown area for a male in his 20’s. The young man enjoys going to the gym, listening to alternative music, going to dinner and socializing in the community. He attends an Employment Program 5 days a week between the hours of 9:00 am-3:00 pm. This would be an ideal role for a single male or older couple that is outgoing, non-smokers and has a dog or open to having one in the future. The Shared Living Provider must have an extra bedroom within their home. Shared Living Providers are independent contractors that receive a stipend monthly.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: planning and sharing meals together each day, attending medical appointments, participating in community and social activities, and sharing general life experiences. The Shared Living Provider may also need to provide more assistance, supervision and teaching in areas such as bathing, dressing, personal hygiene and budgeting. In addition there may be a need to provide emotional and behavioral supports. When searching for Shared Living Providers we will consider applicants who are: single, couples, families; people with children, with pets, and people with or without experience.
The following resources will be available:
- 24- Hour emergency on-call assistance
- Monthly in-home visits
- Access to clinicians and nursing for additional support and consultation
- Networking meetings with other Shared Living Providers
- Must be willing to be trained in home safety skills, medication management, Human RIghts and First Aid/CPR
- Must pass a standard CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) and National Fingerprinting background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle and proof of insurance
- Spare bedroom within your home
- High school diploma or GED
If interested, please contact:
Talainya Thames, Shared Living Coordinator
(781)570-6464 or email@example.com